There are various different activities and amenities within close proximity of our houses.
The properties are located just 5 miles off the main Ring of Kerry route, on the Wild Atlantic Way
The area itself has a long and historic connection with the 2 Skellig Islands, which lie seven miles from the mainland.
Trips can be made by boat to the main island, Skellig Michael by boat from either Ballinskelligs or Portmagee piers. Booking in advance is advisable.
To appreciate the beauty of Ballinskelligs Bay and its beautiful Blue Flag beach, (to the west of which stands the ruins of McCarthys Castle), stroll the peaceful sandy shore with its miles of magical colour. You can also explore the ruins of Augustine Monastery, St. Michael’s Abbey, Ballinskelligs and St. Michael’s Well, Dungegan.
Visit the Cill Rialaig Art and Heritage Centre in Dungegan and view the paintings and other works of art.
The Skellig Chocolate Company offers delicious hand made truffles and chocolate bars with over 60 different flavours.
Surfing and Watersports are available at nearby Ballinskelligs Beach and St. Finians Bay.
Contact Skellig Surf School 087 9178808.
Fishing both on lake and sea is also available locally.
Other local amenities include the championship golf course in Waterville, made more famous from renowned golfers such as Tiger Woods and the late Payne Stewart playing there.
There is a mini supermarket located 200 yards away.
There are local taxi and Bus Hire services available.
Other local amenities include:
- Eco Trips around St. Finian’s Bay
- Heather Hill Riding Stables 066 9479318
- Ring of Kerry Equestrian Centre, Kenneigh, Waterville. 087 6353999
- Old Barracks Heritage Center, Cahersiveen. 066 9472777
- Bicycles for hire, Casey’s, Cahersiveen (8 miles) 066 9472474
- Waterville Craft Market, 066 9474212
- Derrynane House & National Historic Park
- Ring Forts in Cahersiveen and Caherdaniel
- Skellig Experience Center
- Glanleam Subtropical Gardens 066 9476176
- Valentia Grotto and Slate quarry
- Fogher Cliffs & Geokaun Mountain for spectacular views of South Kerry
Nearest Airport: Kerry Airport (Farranfore) at 80 Kilometres
Nearest Ferry: Cork at 180 Kilometres
Nearest Train: Killarney at 80 Kilometres
Nearest Motorway: Limerick at 180 Kilometres
Nearest Beach: Ballinskelligs Beach at 1.6 Kilometres